Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Week, Part 1

     Okay, this week was really busy! First off, shortly after I last posted the police came to the house looking for me! It was just to make sure I was actually living here, though, so it was not to bad.
     Then I had a Rotary meeting that night. They are every Thursday at 7 PM at a fancy restaurant that they rent out for the occasion. There are about 20 members (all men) and 4 exchange students in my club. This week the governor of our district came for a visit, which was fun! We had a three-course meal with talking in between. I had to get up and introduce myself in French, which was nerve-wracking, but I don't think I did too terribly! It finished around 11, so I didn't get to sleep until midnight, which wasn't the most favorable situation when my first day of school was the next day, but oh well.
     First day of school! School here is Monday-Friday and starts at 8:30 AM, ending at 4:30 PM. We have an hour for lunch at noon as well as one ten and one five minute break during the day. Wednesdays are half days, so the day ends at noon. (Unless you are taking extra classes, in which case you end at one) Also, all the classes are either 50 or 120 minutes depending on whether you have a single or double period. So on Friday I arrived to school and went to speak with the Vice Principle. After waiting for a little while, Michaela (One of the other girls in my Rotary club from Canada) and I picked which courses we would like to take, and went into the cafeteria to wait for our schedules. We continued to wait until after lunch, by which time we were rather bored. By the time we received our schedules, there was only one class left for the day, which I went to. (Michaela had a free period.) It was French with the 2nd years, (the equivalent of 8th graders in the States) which is surprisingly enough one of the only classes with people that will interact with me in it. (most people ignore me)
    So that is Part 1! I have homework to get to, so the rest of my week and my thoughts on the food (Which will be 2 seperate posts) will have to wait! I Should have Part 2 up tomorrow or Friday, Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment