Friday, September 9, 2011

The Rest of My Week!

     On the weekend I didn't do much, part of which is due to the fact that I came down with a cold Saturday night and was in bed for all of Sunday. However, it is of note that before I bacame ill I got a chance to go to the Mussel festival here in Welkenraedt, which was delicious!
     This week I kept busy with school. I have 29 hours a week, 10 of which are French, 4 English, 4 German, 3 Science, 2 History, 2 Geography, and 4 Math.
-I have 2 different French classes, one with the second years (as mentioned before) and one with the third years. And as ackward as it is to be in a class with students that are 2 and 3 years younger than me, I have to say I am glad I am not with the kids my age. The classes I have are hard enough right now as is.

-Unfortunately, I didn't end up having English this week due to classroom issues. (Teachers switch classes pretty much every period) Though on the bright side, I had 4 extra free periods this week!

-My German class is with the 5th years (Juniors) as well as being an immersion class. Having no prior education of the language, this class is REALLY difficult. Though my teacher is very nice and has given me some of the first year material to work on and is asking if there is a way for me to be moved to a lower class.

 -My Science class isn't bad, except for the fact that at the moment we are working on organic chemistry, which my AP teacher hardly touched on last year. I think I will be fine once I get more of the language down, though.

-Moving on to History, I have no idea what is in store for me in the class. Today was supposed to be my first day, but my teacher was sick and they don't have substitutes here, so you either go to another class or chill.

-Geography I like alot. There are multitudes of cognates, and right now we are working on the U.S.S.R., which I have prior knowledge on. Prior knowledge is a nifty thing to have when you are taking a course in a language you can barely understand!

-Finalment (Finally), Math! The course I am in here is right at where I should be, which is a problem since I am now attempting to learn Trigonometry in French. C'est dificile! There are 2 other exchange students in my class, a girl from Thailand and a boy from Brazil. I haven't had a chance to chat with the girl yet, but Nicholas is cool.

     As a final note on school for this post, I must say that I rather enjoy my schedule layout. I have a free period in the morning on Mondays, my first class on Tuesday doesn't begin until 10:20 and I have a free period in the afternoon, on Wednesday my classes start at 11:10 and end at 1, and my day ends an hour early on Thursdays. Though having a full schedule on Friday is kind of unfortunate, it is worth it for the other free time. Oh, and none of the classes have textbooks, computers, and only my Geography class has a projector. (That I have seen.)

     Also, on Thursday I had another Rotary meeting. Normally they are not this frequent, but this week was the presentations from the outbound students from last year who have now returned to Belgium. Our normal eating area was very crowded because the families of the Rotexs and the Host families of the current exchange students were invited. Four people presented, 2 of which went to the US, one to New Zealand, and one to Australia. This meeting was fun for me because I got to see Camille, who was in my district in the US last year!

    That's all for now! At some point I will be adding the food post, and I plan to continue updating my blog every Wednesday. Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment