Thursday, September 1, 2011

What I Have Been Up To!

      So now that I have the culture tidbits out of the way I shall continue on to what I have been doing for these few weeks I have been here!
     My first week was spent running about to turn in paperwork and become assimilated. This included going to the city hall to apply for my ID card, going to my school and chatting with the vice principal about classes, setting up a bank account, and going shopping both here in Welkenraedt and in Germany and the Netherlands.
    My Second week slowed down a bit for the first few days. Then I travelled to Brussels on Thursday for a "Welcome to Belgium" tour for all the Rotary Exchange students in the country. (Around 200-250) We got to see the Palais Royale, which was gorgeous and exuded wealth, as well as the Grand Place and Parliament. The parliament building was filled with a multitude of busts and portraits and again had an air of European aristocracy. Since then things have slowed further. Though not for long since I start school tomorrow.
     On that note from now on I plan on updating every Wednesday, since we have half-days at school. Next post will contain the details of my first Rotary meeting (Which is tonight), my first few days of school, and some notes on the amazing foods here! Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment